Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's not new, it's certified pre-owned. My mom saw this cherry 98 Blazer LS at the local Chevy dealer. She asked me to go check it out for her. My ex boss and close friend, Ted, is a mechanic at the neighboring Chysler dealer, which shares the Chevy dealers sales lot, the two are owned by the same person.

Anyway, I called my old boss and told him I was coming by after classes to look it over. Him and I went over it. Fluids were clean, interior was clean, never smoked in, the paint was excellent, tire wear was even, no trailer hitch on it :), not even a door ding. 93,000 miles, price $7,195. Only problems, very small oil leak and the driver's side speaker wasn't putting any sound out.

I said to Ted, lets take this thing for a ride, but he was still on the clock. So we went into the dealership and talked to a salesmen that is a good friend of his. Ted told the salesman my family was interested in the Blazer, that we are close friends of his and if we want to buy it to make us the best deal possible. Sweet. I told the salesman I was just wanted to go for a short ride, but he said to take the Blazer home and show my mom.

You know me. On the 8 mile ride home I put the DRIVE it Test Drive. That 4.3 roles out.

So I got it home, my mom loved it, I was under it with the drop light, undercarriage is very clean. Someone didn't like driving in bad weather.

My mother and I took it back, I told the salesman that the oil leak and speaker would have to be fixed. He said if we were going to buy it they will repair it. We have to wait to see how much work is involved in repairing the oil leak before we get a bottom line price. The salesman said he can already guarantee us a price of 6500. We are going to aim for just under $6,000.

This isn't it, but it looks identical.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honesty I wasn't a big blazer fan. But she wants an SUV. Explorers are out(Ford). Cherokees are a little to rugged for her taste, ride/comfort wise, unless you want to spend $$ for a loaded one. I've shot down atleast ten other suvs over the past few months, but this one just looks like a runner.

Her 85 Caprice has 171,000 miles and still has plenty of life left in it, but my brother gets his license soon. So he will get her car, and she will get a much needed vehicle upgrade.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My mom just got a brand new Ford Escape, it wasn't my choice of SUV to get, but it suits my mom fine. Right now she's pissed cause her new escape is in the driveway while my old f250 is in the garage :D

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldschoolrods said:
My mom just got a brand new Ford Escape, it wasn't my choice of SUV to get, but it suits my mom fine. Right now she's pissed cause her new escape is in the driveway while my old f250 is in the garage :D
nice, my 86 Caprice is parked in my dads spot in the garage.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have 3. My mom has an 85 4 door that she's had since 1991. Then I have the two coupes. Mine found me, I don't like them enough to look for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts