Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Of course it's fast
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a holley contender right now and it's too tall. I need a low rise but the edelbrock performer is spread bire and my carb is square, soooo i was looking at the new jegs manifolds. JEGS Performance Products 513000 JEGS Champion Series 331 Intake Manifolds
Anyone know the carb pad height of the contender?
The jegs is half and inch taller than the performer i think. Anyone know more about this?

·
Of course it's fast
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its on a 78 firebird.
Sorry, should have specified on the carb. I have an edelbrock performer carb. It's square bore but has the bolt pattern for spread bore too. So if i were to get the performer manifold i was thinking that if i trim the gasket to fit i could use it without an adapter plate?
That's why i was lookimg at the jegs manifold. Since it's already square bore i wont have to worry about adaptors.
I'm very very short on space. I have the smallest air cleaner i can find with the stud trimmed flat against the wing nut and its still not closing even with the hood adjusted all the way up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.