Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information for the best route go with Manitoba safety. I have a gen 1 Dodge I'm restoring mostly the body because my plan is to put the body onto a different frame to hand the motor and better Axel's etc. I'm just wondering if I'm best off to 1. Get a safety for the truck and swap after, but the would mean fixing things and spending money on parts that won't be in final project or 2 do my swap and try to get the vehicle safetied after when nothing will be OEM and the vehicle is heavily modified

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Not sure about Manitoba, I am in Ontario. I did similar in the early 90s. I put a Ford truck cab on a Chevy Blazer frame. The paperwork still goes as a Ford, as that is what the body tag is. The mechanic that did the safety was only concerned that it had brakes, etc...not what brand they were.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
I can't see them having an issue as you are not going to cut up a frame or are you?

Also back then, I did a Nova clip onto an old truck frame. I had a harder time getting that through the safety as a pro didn't weld it, I did. He did pass it though after a good inspection of the welds. I drove it for 20 years, so it was good.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I have no intent to cut the frame that's why I want to the body swap but all the body mounts will be home made and the box will have to be made 1foot longer I appreciate the picture it's always nice to see some other people doing things that aren't typical

1 - 6 of 6 Posts