Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been told by many machine shops around here, that Manley rods are Chinese imports, as CAT, Scat and Eagle.................OK, what about the Manley pistons? Are they good quality?

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
To be honest with you I don`t know. I do know I don`t think manley would put there name on junk and ruin there reputation in the performance industry. I haven`t heard anything bad about manley parts, but I`ve heard countless horror stories about CAT, Proform, etc. I got took by proform myself, the pushrods I got them from said "welded on tips, not cheap press fit" after 1 day of running them I heard some rockers clacking, I removed the rocker covers and found 3 out of adjustment, that`s when I noticed 3 balls of the pushrods had come off and they were in fact, pressed on. That`s when I learned, you get what you pay for.

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
As far as I know there rods are built in house and forged in N.J. and there H-beams may come from over seas and there pistons are machined in the states.

We use alot of there rods in the engines we build at our engine shop and have had very good luck with there product.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't know if it's still true today, but Manley basically re-boxed other mfgs parts. Their pistons used to be all TRW. Only part they actually made were the valves (that's what the old man's business was until Hank took it over and then expanded to "re-box" other parts). I imagine it's the same today, but probably different suppliers. I doubt they make or forge their rods - no doubt sourced out to someone else.

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
GCD1962 said:
Don't know if it's still true today, but Manley basically re-boxed other mfgs parts. Their pistons used to be all TRW. Only part they actually made were the valves (that's what the old man's business was until Hank took it over and then expanded to "re-box" other parts). I imagine it's the same today, but probably different suppliers. I doubt they make or forge their rods - no doubt sourced out to someone else.
Manley does not forge there own rods but they are forged in N.J. but they do machine them in house as we buy enough rods from them and have done a little home work on what they do and as far as the H beams I believe they are from overseas.

Any of the pistons we have gotten have had Manley forged into them not TRW like the ones about 8 years ago.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill Hendren told me the H beams were offshore stuff..............and the pistons I have, do have Manley on the bottom side of them.........I just wasn't sure where they were made............Thanks all!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.