Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Here's a pic of a 67-68 Power Disk setup.

Notice the proportioning valve below the master cylinder. Your lines will hook up to this valve not the M/C.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just finished my plumbing job. It looks like you don't have the crossover line right. On my 68 Firebird, 69 Camaro should be about the same but... it goes behind the steering box. Mine goes toward the firewall, behind the steering box, angles over the pitman arm back to the frame crossmember and across. My crossover also does not have that loop, the left front on mine comes out of the front on the distribution block and has a loop.

Easiest way I found is to mount all the hardware first, then match the lines up. Some minor tweaking is expected, any hard changes and you have something wrong.

That pic Centerline shows has a different entry to the distribution block than mine, I was converting manual disc to power disc, my lines were factory run, I just got replacement lines so not sure why they're different.

Good luck.

Edit: The more I look at yours the more it looks like the wrong line set. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
I talked to my supplier, seems I'm there everyday at lunch getting more parts, he said there were a couple of different proportional valves used and the distribution block could be different on a '69 vs a 67-68, so that being said his advice was to check with your supplier to see that you got "ALL" the correct parts for the swap.
Both front lines having the loop could be correct, but it depends on the kit you purchased. But he did say it should somewhat fall together if you have all the correct parts and ran the lines right.
I was hoping he'd have the 69 in house he had yesterday so I could get you a picture but the guy picked it up this morning. This guy specializes in first generation F-body stuff so I trust him when he tells me things.

Where'd you get the kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts