Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend, 9-11th, the annual March Meets drag races are in Bakersfield at the Famoso track. Nostalgia type of racing, show and shine, swap area, vendors midway, should be a good one. I'll be there Sunday. Willys36 will be there Fri and sunday I believe, with the Willys. Good racing front engine dragsters, old time funny cars, lots of gassers, nothing newer than 1972. :cool: Dan

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Ill be cookin my butt off makin some money :)

Yo Dinger, while your down south of visa, stop by cool hand lukes (my buddies steakhouse) its right off the 99, prosperity exit. Get yer grub on! Good *** food, the prices aren't too cheap but the food is great. If ya see my elky in the parkin lot check it out if ya want :mwink:. I'm a busy dude in the kitchen especially on the weekends today was killer rush all day lol, so I might not be able to pop my head out and say whats up, but I'll be cookin up some bomb food :thumbup: coconut shrimp is killer but at 18$ for 7 shrimp its outta my budget, lmao.....good thing I'ma cook :), new york's or ribeyes yum! mouths waterin already heh heh.

yuh guys have fun :drool:

edit....ps...I thought I'd throw in, I'm not trying to advertize, nor do I work on commission. This wont effect any money I make or ever see. Just a decent tip on a good place to eat from hometown people. :pimp:

·
Registered
187 Posts
One of the things I miss about the Navy was being stationed in San Diego. Seems like there was ALWAYS a run or swap meet to hit. Have fun guys.

$18 for 7! They sure better be good. Heck, you need to make your way to the gulf! I pay $5 a pound and do 'em myself. And that's the JUMBO size!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1Fast65Elky said:
Ill be cookin my butt off makin some money :)

Yo Dinger, while your down south of visa, stop by cool hand lukes (my buddies steakhouse) its right off the 99, prosperity exit. Get yer grub on! Good *** food, the prices aren't too cheap but the food is great. If ya see my elky in the parkin lot check it out if ya want :mwink:. I'm a busy dude in the kitchen especially on the weekends today was killer rush all day lol, so I might not be able to pop my head out and say whats up, but I'll be cookin up some bomb food :thumbup: coconut shrimp is killer but at 18$ for 7 shrimp its outta my budget, lmao.....good thing I'ma cook :), new york's or ribeyes yum! mouths waterin already heh heh.

yuh guys have fun :drool:
:pimp:
I ate there new years eve, very good eating. :thumbup: Prices aren't too bad for the amount and quality. I thought it was like Outback but better. I plan on going back. Haven't heard a bad word from anyone that has eaten there. Dan Oh yeah, we had the shrimp and the deep fried onion. :thumbup:

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
I'm going to Shaver Lake this weekend, renting a large cabin and taking 20 family members, including flying my son and his wife out from Texas. I could get in some kinda trouble if I bailed and told them I going to Famosa. My next trip to Famosa will be with the Divco as a vendor. Hopefully I can get it running this week, or maybe next week.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else going? Ross, have a goodweekend at the lake, weather this weekend will be fantastic, mid 70s. :D Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.