Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1968 Galaxie 4 dr Motor is in process of being rebuilt will be around 350HP I have access to a Mark 7 AOD how much of a head ache will it be to replace the factory 3 speed with it ?

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
Aod

I can speak about AOD we put in my 57 RW.its 69 351w with 87 AOD.Bolted up with early fly wheel.Modifyed rear crossmember somewhat to clear trans pan,3sp stick drive shaft went right in.Used a Locar [sic] throttle presure cable assb.,good product,.If pre 93?AOD it's non electronic.Adjust TPVcable to tune shift firmness.My wagon now gets 20mpg at 65mph.Spedo cable was too short also .Very good swap,well worth it!!

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
n00b said:
It has the stock 302
grandpaws 57 said:
I can speak about AOD we put in my 57 RW.its 69 351w with 87 AOD.Bolted up with early fly wheel.Modifyed rear crossmember somewhat to clear trans pan,3sp stick drive shaft went right in.Used a Locar [sic] throttle presure cable assb.,good product,.If pre 93?AOD it's non electronic.Adjust TPVcable to tune shift firmness.My wagon now gets 20mpg at 65mph.Spedo cable was too short also .Very good swap,well worth it!!
What he said. The AOD will bolt straight to the 302.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.