Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

Did the searches, read the posts, now I'm about to buy a supplied air system. One question I didn't seem to run across an answer for was this:

Do I need to have the full face & skin protection of a hood or full face mask at the mixing stage?

My mixing booth is right outside my spray booth but it's not ventilated nearly as well as my spray booth (garage setup). I'm wondering if I'd be ok wearing the organic vapor half mask while mixing up my paint and then donning a full hood when I get in the booth and start spraying. Can the hoods be worn over the half mask? What's everyone else do? I don't imagine everyone's got setups that allow the full hood or face mask in and out of the booth.

This is site has been a wealth of info for me. I'm hoping I can answer some questions as well at some point.

Thanks-Stretch

·
Registered
1 Posts
answer to your query

Hi, I can definately say that you seem prepared to paint. All you need to stir and mix is the half mask, I would also suggest if you have it on hand, to use a light fan to blow the fumes away. personally i don't even use a mask to stir or mix but i have very good ventilation. hope that helps.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.