Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have manual disc/drum brakes.
i have a disc/drum master cyl with residual valve.
i also have a combination valve w/ proportioning / metering .
question : my rear tires are 31" tall do i also need to add a adjustable proportioning valve to the rear because of the taller tires?

thanks for your time and comments.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The proper proportioning and/or metering valve is dependent on many factors including tire size as you suspect. Any factory style combo valve will just be someones best guess if it will work on YOUR car. It is either your best guess, or a parts vendors. If it sounds like a crap shoot, you are right. Altering weight distribution, center of gravity, tire sizes, brake components etc all play a role in your cars final brake balance needs. There is really only one way to tell if the valve you have will work for you, and that is to try it. Preferably at slow speeds to start with and work up to higher speeds and harder brake applications all the way up to a full on high speed panic stop. In the end, that is the only way to know how your car will react.

Be careful and good luck,
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.