Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
71 Chevrolet Nova
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my 71 nova to power discs in the front. At the time I didn't paint the new master before installation and it is now in the car. Any type of paint I can put on it that will protect it from rusting? There is already a light coat of rust on the master, but that can be removed easily enough with just a small wire brush. I was thinking about painting some sort of rustolium primer on the master and follow up with some rustolium paint. I'm not sure if that will hold up anymore to brake fluid though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Eastwood has a whole line of various underhood finishes & their site will show you what each looks like on the item. I was a little skeptical on their stuff until I 1) put my hands on all the different finishes at SEMA, 2) started using their stuff regularly.

I'd recommend either their Aluma Blast or Detail Grey, depending upon the look you want. Both can be found here:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=396&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=390&iSubCat=396

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.