Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've not posted on any boards in awhile, but that doesn't mean I'm not busy w/projects. As they say "rust never sleeps".

I wanted to share my experiences with Master Series Rust Sealer and AG111. I've used both products when restoring a rotten out floor pan on a '85 Buick Regal.

I've also used the Rust Sealer when repairing rotted out door bottoms on a '05 Audi A4 Sedan. The repair process here utilized sandblasting, then prepping/cleaning the metal.
Applying the Master Coat Rust Sealer in two coats, letting it set about 4 hrs between coats. Finally I applied epoxy primer within the curing window, then my bc/cc.

I've done 3 out of 4 doors with the first one being done over 5 years ago and the repair has held up very well. Rust hasn't returned.

Over the 20 yrs I've been doing auto mechanical/body work and painting, I've used many of the other similar products with less than desired results.

Master Coat Rust Sealer isn't the easiest product to spray (use a primer gun and their thinner) but as advertised the product is compatible with Urethane primers and such, while many others aren't.

If you get stuck give Pat a call and he'll get you sorted.

Have a good one.

Roch_Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Over the 20 yrs I've been doing auto mechanical/body work and painting " as I hobbist I wanted to add.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts