Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was if anyone has used the Matrix System yet. I've read rave reviews from some and horror stories from others. I normally use HOK, Deltron, valspar or Chroma but with the colors available and cost ratio matrix apeals to me, any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I haven't used any yet but I have a gal. of epoxy primer waiting to be used. I probably won't use it until spring but I was under the impression that it is good stuff. A restoration shop close to me has been using it with good results.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I know a few that use it and from what I hear the color is very comparable to PPG DBC, most don't like the clear for some reason though. I have never tried the stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Matrix makes a great product we shyed away from PPG and use Matrix only at the shop. Will write more on this later...

·
Registered
351 Posts
jeeptuff said:
Matrix makes a great product we shyed away from PPG and use Matrix only at the shop. Will write more on this later...

Any more info on this. I'm going to use it because I have a dealer near me and the prices seem good. I'd like to know any negatives (if any) to help prepare myself.

The guy who works at the paint dealership (could be the owner) seems to be very helpful and willing to answer any questions. He has done some painting. How much I don't know. He told me that Matrix uses people who worked at several other paint companys and the were able to duplicate or surpass the qualities of their paints. He told me that Matrix clear is second to none. That's what he told me but I don't have anything to back it up.

Danny

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The rumor I heard is matrix was started by some people who left ppg. Don't know how true, but its what i heard or read, or whatever. Haven't used it, but was thinking of trying it about 2 years ago. Then the supplier near me handleing it was no longer there. Didn't last long, but think more cause of location.
Edit, okay noticed your from GB, okay maybe still is a matrix guy around then. There was one on hwy 29

1 - 7 of 7 Posts