Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about building a '33 Ford Coupe. I have been building race cars for over 30 years. I have a nice heated and cooled shop with a TIG & MIG welder, vertical mill, lathe, and just about any hand tool you care to name. Hope to kick around a few ideas and see where they go.

John
:welcome:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome Maverick,

Sounds like you are well set to do some building. Will the '33 coupe be a street rod? After they are done should be less than a race car. Don't remember seeing reclining lawn chairs with umbrellas in the pits - no time to sit down!

Have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 33 Ford will be a street rod. I would like for it to be a blend of Nascar Featherlite Modified and street rod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a low slung oval racing vehicle with 15" wide tires on all four corners. When I was in my younger years we raced the old coupes that were channled over the frames and sat low to the ground. I would prefer the 33 Coupe to be channeled over the frame so the frame doesn't show. No fenders, pinched front frame, I.F.S. and a quick change rear. 12" wide tires in the rear and 10" wide tires in the front.
Gibbons makes a 33 Viper II body that I really like. 427 c.i. small block chevy would make a real sweet ride.
It would be a blend of the new and old. :smash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts