Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
Horsepower limits. Now there is a new one. I hope the legislators don't get wind of that idea. Maybe they would come up with a new version of the old British horsepower tax!!

·
It just takes time and money
225 Posts
Until you see portable dyno units, stenciled with Washington State Police on the side: I don't think you have to worry about max horsepower.

·
machinest & A&P Mechanic
363 Posts
is it true that the aussies have HP limits?

·
machinest & A&P Mechanic
363 Posts
humm if 16 is 20 then 52 is what, 173? lol

·
Anything with a throttle
439 Posts
Listen son....the reason I pulled you over is because we just timed you over 1300 feet when you were leaving that stop sign and with..hmmm..that thing looks to weigh 3600 pounds.....hmm...big block......let me check your numbers again....dang...you seem to be making 500 horse to the rear wheels.....I'm going to have to write you up. Show up to the state run chassis dyno if you want to fight this ticket. Have a nice day.

·
machinest & A&P Mechanic
363 Posts
haha, yeah then for dyno day, you change your timing ,put some old plugs in and change the carb settings... "see its impossible i could go that fast"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh man can you even imagine a Horse Power limit.. Having Hot Rods in some states are hard enough. If horsepower would have to be measured, and restricted,, that would be something..

LOL,,

In Texas, Many Many hot rods would be in trouble.

Juice,

·
Im trying to have an idea!
380 Posts
Juicer said:
Oh man can you even imagine a Horse Power limit.. Having Hot Rods in some states are hard enough. If horsepower would have to be measured, and restricted,, that would be something..

LOL,,

In Texas, Many Many hot rods would be in trouble.

Juice,
that would not be good at all. how the hell would i get to work. maby i can get a leniency ticket that said i could drive from work to home :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts