Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worked on cars off and on all my life, some professional, but haven't in a few years.
Ive owned a 68 Firebird since 82 when I graduated high school, but its been in a half started restore since 86 and now I am ready to get moving on it.
and I hope this is posting to the right spot :cool:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum,, good to have you,, lots of infromation floating around here,, there is a homemade tools section, I don't know if there is a rotisary build in it but I built one a few years back,, and they are pretty simple really.
I started off with 2 4"X 4" I beams 10 feet long, for the main rails, built 2 stands , simular to a engine rotator , with wheels .then welded some up some L shaped angle pieces to attach the body to. The pieces I used for the "L" brackets were U channel that was designed to be used as Hanger bars for overhead carriers for runs of electrical conduit on large construction projects, that had corrisponding brackets for attaching objects, but any kind of steel tubing would work

here is a picture,, just in case you are looking for ideas

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.