Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting my frame off on my 65 Chevell SS and I am looking for a company to strip the body and body parts for me. Anyone know of one in WI. preferable near west central WI.

Thanks

·
Dazed and Confused
109 Posts
rcm800 said:
I am starting my frame off on my 65 Chevell SS and I am looking for a company to strip the body and body parts for me. Anyone know of one in WI. preferable near west central WI.

Thanks

RCM -

I'm in Madison.... ;-) Anyways, theres a restoration shop in Portage, right off of interstate 39. Never used them before, but they advertise media blasting.

If you have the ambition, why don't you try to strip the frame yourseff? Get a pressure blaster from eastwood (I have the 100 lb version, works great)

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=15245&itemType=PRODUCT

Go to your local Menards and pick up a couple of 50 lb bags of black magnum for 5 bucks each and go at it. The sheet metal you may want to have stripped by a professional to reduce the possibility of warping or strip the panels using a DA or chemical strippers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done my own sandblasting on the frames and also the inside and underside of my last two broncos I restored. I also can have the heavy metal type items shot blasted at where I work. I want the car media blasted to avoid wrecking anything, plus I am really sick of blasting bodies as it is a very messy and lousy job to do at home with a shop air compressor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts