Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody... My name is Allen. I don't have a lot of true "hotrod" projects, but maybe someday when I've got more time AND money at the same time I will. :thumbup: For now, I've got a 1975 Chevy C10 truck that I'm finally admitting to myself I should sell. It's been a long running project for me since it has been in my family since 1977 (even a few months longer than I've been in my family!). I am a mechanical engineer that has grown up in the age of computers and electronic everything, so that explains why the truck now sports the Edelbrock multi-port fuel injection setup. I even had turbo dreams, so I bought the 1000 CFM version. The turbos haven't happened and I'm leaning toward needing a tow vehicle more than a hot rod for now. In another fit of modernizing the truck got a built 700R4 transplant around the same time the EFI went on. See the truck below. I really need a good tow vehicle for what the next project on the horizon is; a 1957 Cadillac El Dorado. It was my grandfather's car and is all original. It has been sitting in my uncle's garage since the late 70's or early 80's. The big question for that one is... Do I leave it stock or make it a hotrod? And should I even expect an unbiased response to that question here? :D

My current beast:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Hi Allen...Welcome to Hotrodders. Leave it stock...its a classic! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Allen.
I had a 57 Caddy conv about 5 yrs ago Lowered it nosed,decked,shaved door handles,59Caddy tail lites made my own back porch put on a 64 shortened Chev rear bumper, lake pipes, used drawer pull knobs for grille. Than again I kustomize every old car I get. But to do the Caddy was one of the better GM cars I did.
The bottom line is it is your car you are the one that has to do the work and live with it.

T :cool: M

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll see how it is when I get it. I haven't even seen it in ~6 years. Tom, do you have any pictures? I'm curious how that all turned out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts