Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My apoligies if this has been delved into before, searching these terms tend to lead to running in circles.

1977 Cadillac with original metallic single stage. The paint is HIGHLY oxidised. Someone had previously used a medium-cut polish on the hood. The results were okay, but faded back within a few days.

As many of you may be aware, there is a fair amount of support for the idea that the paint is extremely dry, and needs to have some oils and moisture before any reasonable level of improvement can be expected. There is a great write-up on this here: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Up here in Canada, for whatever reason, Meguiars 7 Show Car glaze is no where to be found. Every distributor or supply shop claims it has been discontinued or superseded by a different product. I've spoke with Meg. service, and they claim that is false. I can order from the states, but that turns a $12 bottle into a $50, not to mention the weeks of shipping. I'd also like to not have to rely on a product line that for some reason is unavailable to me reasonably.

Long story short: Does anyone have any experience with any other product in this application? Theres a million glazes and polishes out there, but trying to explain to suppliers what I'm looking for this particular glaze for is almost as infuriating as trying to source the original product. Time is very quickly running out on this project (pending an awfully uncharacteristic autumn), and I'd hate to settle with another product and waste a bunch of time and effort for something that just won't work as I intend.

Thanks a bunch for any insight.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts