Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Francois and i was bored this winter and decided to Hotrod a 2002 Mercedes Benz C240 :)....
I modified the floor to accomodate a Chevy 350 and Th400 transmission. fabricated everything from engine mounts to headders. Fitted the MB driveshaft with a GMC transmission yoke. I have fitted a mazda gas pedal and cable because the MB pedal was electronic. Modified the MB shifter to select all speeds of the Th400, etc.....

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Beautiful AMX, very clean, how long have you had it? Mines a survivor with low (just under 40K miles), I haven't touched it and I won't. Seeing your car makes me want to post pictures of mine...I haven't had any luck posting pictures, even with help of a lot of people here...but will try again.

Looking forward to seeing your Mercedes.

Ray

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amx

I had the AMX 15 years, i use it a lot even on long distance trips. It's fast and dependable. The Mercedes is faster but it is very modified, i would not modify the AMX this way because it's all original and runnig well.....

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
The AMX is one unique vehicle and up until fairly recently (20 years or so) they were a reasonably priced muscle/sports car to buy. Mine, I've owned for 21 years, almost to the day, because of the low miles and the condition, (they're only original once) I don't put a whole bunch of miles on it. I do however, have a 68 and a 70 that I have done some work on (not a frame off restoration) and drive more often. When I drive any of mine, I get a lot of comments, mostly "what is it?"...I'm sure you get the same.

Ray

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,395 Posts
Back when I was a kid one of my friends had a neighbor with a few sixties Mercedes out front. One was one of these.

I remember he put it up for sale with a sign in the window. It was about $1200 as I remember. But what caught my eye was the sign said it had a 327 Chevy in it! It looked stone stock and in very nice condition on the outside. I asked about this and he opened the hood to show me a beautifully done swap job, the firewall was moved back and you couldn't even tell if not for a stocker parted near it to compare, it was very well done. The steel valve covers had little arches added to the front to look like overhead cam. :D I dug it I'll tell you that. I remember that it didn't sell and he junked it! Some wrecking yard gave him a few hundred or something and it was gone.

Brian

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
I know what you mean Francois, I've gotten the "Nice Mustang", I've had kids think it was a prototype for the 2008 Challenger before the car came out. Not to many people know what it is...let alone what it was. I kinda like that.

Doesn't that just make you sick Brian...I love that body style Benz...and it got parted out...damn shame.

Ray

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
You are a craftsman Francois, love the Mercedes...Don't feel to bad about not being able to upload...I tried to upload pictures last night and tried for over an hour...I just can't get it. Look forward to seeing your video.

Ray

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,395 Posts
Sounds healthy!

Welcome! :welcome:

Brian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, it's alive and kicking........The performance is better than expected. I will give a nice paint job and it will make me a not so sleepy sleeper :eek:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts