Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting to collect parts and develop a plan for my 1948 Willys truck. The first thing I need is a Mig welder. Eastwood has a 175 Amp mig welder with a spool gun for under $600. I was wondering if anyone has an experience with the Eastwood welder. I am looking for a 220V mig welder with gas. Next choice is a Lincoln 180.

Thanks, I am sure I will have a ton of questions when I actually start on the Willys.

Attachments

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
Mig Welders..........

The top 3 brands of Mig welders are,Lincoln,Miller and Hobart,(not necessarily in that order),they are all excellent welders,sorry,i dont know anything about Eastwood welders. :welcome: :)

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Miller, lincoln or hobart and either of those will be working in your shop long after you forget the price..

Sam

·
Registered
195 Posts
Start searching craigslist. Tons of welders on there, many in great condition at good prices. Just be sure of what you want and what to look for. Picked this up last year with less than 20 hours on it. Full 150cf mix tank, spare gun, installed spool switch and large roll of .035 wire for $700. The deals are out there, all ya gotta do is look!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
sshaw9 said:
I am just starting to collect parts and develop a plan for my 1948 Willys truck. The first thing I need is a Mig welder. Eastwood has a 175 Amp mig welder with a spool gun for under $600. I was wondering if anyone has an experience with the Eastwood welder. I am looking for a 220V mig welder with gas. Next choice is a Lincoln 180.

Thanks, I am sure I will have a ton of questions when I actually start on the Willys.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermal-Arc...30597799587?pt=BI_Welders&hash=item1e683c46a3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts