Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a cam with a bigger exhaust duration than a intake still kill your mpg. i was thinking of putting in a edelbrock performace plus cam in my 350 camaro but im 16 and gas is killing me but i would still like to have a little power to play with.

·
Registered
639 Posts
In a 350 Chev try to keep the exhaust duration no more than 10 degrees lo nger than intake. If you're after economy stay under 212 @ 050 intake on a hydraulic flat tappet. 202 would be better.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The perfomer plus camshaft will work nicely for your application. Also add a new double roller timing chain while your in there. Summit carries a cam that has identical specs to the edelbrock cam and also comes with lifters for around $80. There are also other mods you can do to help power and mileage, such as add a K&N air filter, a low restriction exhaust sytem, a tune up using the best pieces you can get, like a brass terminal cap and spiral core spark plug wires routed correctly, pack the front wheel bearings using synthetic grease, and fill the rear diff with royal purple gear lube. with just these mods you`ll notice a nice power gain from stock plus get better mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts