Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot, I told somebody here I'd post pics of the Mini Chopper. They wouldn't fit on the post, so They're in my Gallery.:rolleyes:

bonuts

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bikes got a 3 horse Briggs, but the next one I build (its coming soon) will no doubt run something bigger, and a tranny. Thats the only info I'll give on that one. Oh yeah and think one side swing arm!

bonuts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'm gonna be running a 3hp Briggs on mine as well:D very small engine I think but that's all I got. The next one I wanna build will have a 6hp Honda or a 5.5 with a motorcycle gearbox if I can find one. Hardtail but front suspnesion.

Mike

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go with one big sprocket pal, the 3 Hp I have is pretty good, and it won't go up hill. mind you I'm 220lbs so that can't be helping. Measure how big a sprocket you need, I have hundreds of new bike sprockets. If you need one.

bonuts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sprockets are $35 bucks a piece here:drunk: :spank: Seems kinda much to me. I'm probably gonna go with a 6.1 gear ratio. I got a 10 tooth sprocket on the engine so I'll probably be going for a 60-70 tooth on the rear. Right now I'm working out the rear axel set-up. It's giving me some major head-aches. The rest of the bike seems no big problem but the rear axel setup is killing me.
Did you use drums brakes or disc brakes? I'm thinking of going with the old fashioned way brake: rubber pad against rubber tire. Make the pad pivot on the end and have a shaft connected to the pad and to a "jockey shifter" handle. So it looks like a jockey shift but it's the brake. I'm on a budget so unless I can find good used drum brakes of a bike or somethin' I'm stayin with this method.
What kind of sprockets do you got?

Mike

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What ever sprocket you want, I'll have it. And they're all new. Long story..... I'll get you some pics of my brake, and it works damn good.

bonuts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Cool:thumbup: will have to see about them sprockets:) Is that a satin black you painted it with flames on the tank? Did you fab the tank yourself?
Sorry bout all them questions but I'm kinda interested to know as much as possible cause I didn't find too much on the net.
Thanks,

Mike

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah flat black, with some cheesy flames. My buddy fabbed the tank, he did a real nice job.

bonuts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts