Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an astro EuroPro EUROHVT1 after i purchased a warwick mini hvlp. The issue i am having is both of these guns DO NOT come with an internal filter between the cup and body (but warwick shoots nice!). I have not had this experience with Sharpe, or other cheaper guns that I have been using. It is a very good idea since it is one more defense against junk in the paint. Is this common to not have a internal filter?? Is there a way to rig one up? The channel is too small to use one of another gun.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Back in the day when I had a wife I had access to an unlimited supply of nylon stockings. I used those to filter paint and did not use the internal filter you are talking about. Never had an issue. these days I need to buy filters :smash: That internal filter was just a nuisance to me..

Sam

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
8,159 Posts
I have one of these ad the outlet of my compressor:

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-tool-accessories/oilwater-separator-68246.html

And One of these at the end of the hose before the gun...

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-tool-accessories/inline-desiccant-dryerfilter-68215.html

The dessicant job changes colors in the window when it needs changed.

I KNOW I KNOW harbor freight and all....... sheesh... Problem is, the 2 filters are working very well to keep my air clean and dry.

The first filter is also sold at lowes for 13 bucks. Exact same filter.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the internal filter as insurance. I paint clear 4 to 5 times a day and so it isn't practical to thoroughly clean after each spray. I'll rinse and leave thinner in. Sometimes the cap will get a little dirty and drop a tiny piece of whatever. It always a good thing for me to catch with that internal filter.....ah I guess I'll just have to do without.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts