Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am rebuilding a used TH350 that is missing the plastic vent tube (or 'breather') on the driver's side.

Can I just plug in a PCV rubber hose there that has a check ball inside? Will it work? Japanese cars had them, which allowed only one way ventilation. This way no dirt will get inside of the tranny case, but at the same time it will be able to vent out.

Or do you know any place that sells them? I tried calling a few auto supply stores in town, they can't find anything under the names 'vent' or 'breather'. Am I using the wrong term?

Thanks,
Denis
'67 Camaro RS

PS I will call the tranny rebuilt shops, hopefully someone will have a spare for me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Go to a bone yard and pop one out.
The early versions were just a tube about 1 1/2 " long bent to the back of the transmission.
Later versions had a small cap that could be twisted.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys, for your suggestions. I called a local hotrod tranny shop in town and located a plastic vent. The guy knew right away what I was talking about.

Regards!
Denis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.