Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody, first post here so please be kind.

I have a fully built a Model A chassis with a Z in the front and rear, I had originally planed to put a Coupe body on it but where I am the source of Model A bodies dried up. So I am left with a dilemma, build a body from scratch which would not be to hard if I had a body to work off but I don't and won't, or get a ford capri body and use that.

The chassis has full bmw M3 drivetrain (engine, hubs, diff etc.) and also has many added structural supports and is fully tig welded. as track days were in mind. The chassis is made from 2x4 1/8 thick mild steel.

Which option should I go for and why?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
maybe your area is dry for model a bodies. But their is plenty up for sale! You have a lot of cash in a BMW drive train! So spend some cash and have one brought to your front door, And then you can build a new one off of that. Or since you can build one from scratch why not just build a body for your chassis ! sounds like the way to go ! Good luck !!

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Unlike some of these guys I am up for something different and creative..Take a look see in my journal for a pic of a Kurtis roadster..Also check out Cboy journal and the scratch built hotrod book online. All in what suits you and your budget and time you have available..

Another thing to look at is this:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/roofus-special-155519.html

Sam

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope you build something with this platform. I would get a clip piece from every auto manufacturer and combine them all into one to go with the bmw fittings. Got ford and bmw done now scrounge up a nissan grille, peugot fenders, tesla hood, honda lights, jaguar seats, suzuki dash, lamborghini trim...panels, koenigsegg lower cab with renault roof, monaro rear, opel trunk lid, yamaha bolt on fittings, gm badging as the make and ferrari badging as the model. Im being serious btw. If one can manipulate it all of the specific parts together anything will work together and look good.

No matter the models picked to get parts from pulling something like that off would be quite a feat. Just an example to not overlook anything as a tool to get the job done.

On a more serious note maybe an old burb cab would look good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everybody for the replies. Over in Europe the American bodies can be hard to find. I think after some thinking I will go ahead and fab up my own model a body from scratch.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts