Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there just wondering if anybody has put a 30 roof on a 28 sport coupe didnt think it was a big deal at first untill I started fitting everything.It all started with the body i bought somebody scabbed on some coupe roof panels and then chopped it and I guess he lost his tape measure because it was all crooked so I chopped all that mess off and got a good deal on a 30 roof from somebody making a coupester I like the 30 roof because of the 1 piece sides and rain gutter and visor its been a frustrating ordeal due to the fact that the 28 is wider then the 30 and the a pillars are totally different and the upper belt molding I'm going to have to build myself and I'm wondering how to wrap the bead around the perimeter of the roof sides using a bead roller as it rises from the door and wraps around the back i was thinking of making it from 1/4 flat bar is that a terrible idea thanks for the input in advance Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
I can't see how this can work as they are totally different bodies.

You may need to cut down the center of the posts so half the post is 30 and half is 29. I am thinking you are going to need to post a bunch of photos to really get much done on this project using the forum.

If you are unsure how to post photos let us know but a cheapie camera can do an awful lot to help in figuring out exactly what you are up against.

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
The photos are probably too big, I have a hard time with that too which is why I just use photobucket.com now. Go to photobucket.com and open an account, it's free. Then you just copy and paint the URL and wham, there's your photo.

Brian

Reactions: motosyco
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.