Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Jon says, this is a new concept for the board so we will play it by ear. My approach will be to focus the discussion, not critique the technical content. I am by no means a technical expert so will defer to the posters on for technical accuracy. However, I will edit anything that doesn't stick to the point - personal attacks, drifting off topic, profanity, etc., will all be summarily discarded. We want "just the facts, Mam!"

One service I will provide is if you post a thread and it is getting no replies, I will go in search of an expert to comment. This happens occasionally in other forums and all it usually takes to get the thread going is to have someone post a reply. I have been around the board long enough that I have a list of members who appear to be experts in their respective topics. I will take your thread and PM them for a comment.

Also, let's not do polls here. we want real answers not anonymous opinions!

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that is a great idea but a better way is to assume your original question is not constructed well enough for people to comment on so try to rephrase it before resubmitting it here.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we are playing with the idea ourselves. A couple moderators saw the need for a forum that was more technically focused and that was heavily censored to publish in-depth dialog, void of the distractions that inevitably work their way into the less structured forums. Be patient, ventures like this take time to develop a distinctive personality.

I agree, the post on the English wheel should be in the body work forum but in the moderator's screen I had no option to redirect it and I didn't want to delete it. I have since figured out how to move it there.

If it doesn't work out, this forum will die a quiet death. If it does eventually fulfill it's vision it should be a pretty valuable addition. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only ones I delete are duplicates or so offensive they don't deserve consideration (haven't found any of the latter yet). Most of my moderation has been to edit out foul language and move threads to appropriate forums. I do a lot of the latter since newbies seem to post their first thread here. I started leaving a move notice in the forum but as you can see, that is most of what is here so I am now just moving the thread w/o notice. That should make no difference to the poster since he should be automatically subscribed to his own thread (unlike me - unless I overtly subscribe to one of my threads I am not linked to it!). Otherwise, your posts and threads will appear here eventually depending on when I get to reviewing them. I am unaware of any post that has waited as long as a day, most are processed within a few hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.