Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? I will be using this axle under something much lighter, I don't have too much money, so I'd like to get ahold of spindles that would let me salvage brakes off of an 70's/80's car.

Also, I don't have much of a machine shop on hand...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
And what would that "something lighter" be, a Tbucket roadster perhaps or a 37 Simca or Fiat Topolino Coupe?
Disc brake adapter kits are available from varying manufacturers for these spindles and contain adapter bracketry and bearing spacers plus a parts list of the "new" stuff you'll need to button it together...OR the complete kit with all the stuff for more money. Try SPeedway Motors for starters.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah..something like that. Can't decide on which body i'm going to try to put together, but I'm not going to need massive brakes, just something up front.

I could rebuild the stock drums, but that might be close to just converting them over to something a little more powerful and available.

Found a few kits, but they ranged from like 5-700 dollars...I dunno, I'll keep looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.