Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an early 80s 350 behind a 350 engine. the problem is i drove the truck home one night and all was fine the next morning it would not shift into third. i have had this problem before and it was a broke vaacum hose to the mod, the line was fine. how do i check the modulator. thanx

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
studebaker46 said:
i have an early 80s 350 behind a 350 engine. the problem is i drove the truck home one night and all was fine the next morning it would not shift into third. i have had this problem before and it was a broke vaacum hose to the mod, the line was fine. how do i check the modulator. thanx
The transmission shifts by governor. The modulator over-rides the governor. If the mod line is disconnected, only the governor works (5000 rpm shift).

Connect the mod hose to the manifold vacuum and drive it.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
studebaker46 said:

vacuum pump of the hand held type will pull a vacuum on the modulator. IF it holds the mod is good.

Pull the vacuum hose off first for a check for any trans fluid out of the hose nipple on the modulator..... trans fluid there equals an internally bad modulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.