Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw his show yesterday in the hospital waiting for my wife to get out of surgery. He just totally lambasted these Feds for keeping it illegal to have medicinal marijuana.

now, i am all for legalizing pot. Period! but the first step is to legalize it medicinally and God! what a mountain of opposition. at the end Montel, who admitted smoking it everyday so he could walk, just said it was unbelievable that the same doctors, who can prescribe cocaine, methadone, codine, oxy-contin, speed, vicadin, etc etc, can NOT prescribe marijuana. good point. that's the main reason i vote libertarian. the war against pot is a frikken joke. put up for the a) drug companies; b) alcohol industry, c)tobacco industry. who is it hurting? everybody . yeah, kids shouldnt smoke it, yeah, people shouldnt drive on it. so at worst it should be like beer or whiskey, no more no less. whatta joke.

btw, there have been 7 people in this country who have been getting marijuana from the US govt for over 20 years, legally! he had one of them. he gets like 11 ounces a month! since the 30's when pot was outlawed, all research on the BENEFITS of pot use were outlawed as well. but research on the HARMFULL effects of pot were NOT outlawed. Montel, i may be the next thing to a KLANSMAN, but YOU THE MAN!!!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
the war against pot is a frikken joke. put up for the a) drug companies; b) alcohol industry, c)tobacco industry. who is it hurting?
I may agree with all but the tobacco industry stand.The government would love to see them gone except for the fact that they would no longer be able to milk more large sums of money out of them.I dont hit the weed anymore but used to have approximatley three or four brain cells that would work part time.I do believe that there is medicanal use in marijuana,and that it should be legalized.Same old argument,what was the craziest thing you did on alcohol?There are a thousand answers to that one.On the other hand,What is the craziest thing you did on marijuana?I uh...uh...uh.sat down on the couch and watched the Oprah show.I was just to lazy to hit the remote.

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Medicinal pot is one thing, but the legalization of it for recreational use is wrong.......................Just another vise to destroy our society.....................

OK....debate on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you say 11 ounces a month??? Holy smokes, and I mean litterally! I used to smoke daily and even between me and my freind smoking on a daily basis, we smoked only about 1 ounce a week or 4 a month.....My question is this, what do you do if you smoke 11 ounces of pot a month? Nothing, absolutely nothing! Then if you dont' smoke it do you sell it? Oh no! Don't do that!

I'll tell you all from experience that alcohol has caused me far more heart-ache than marijuana ever even thought of!

I saw a Chris Rock special that was hilarious on this same subject. I think it was on HBO. Funny stuff!

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I don't personally smoke dope, but a lot of buddies do. Really what is the harm? I have never seen someone smoking pot get violent, Alcohol.... Different story. How can something natural, be illegal? I think that is dumb. As I understand the law (I did two years in College for criminal justice) you can carry, use, do whatever you want with "Magic Mushrooms" you just cannot distribute them. Whats the difference between the two?

Its only a matter of time in my opinion before it is legalized in Canada, its already de-criminalized in small amounts I believe, so just wait, its coming.

Thats why I just invested in Doritos!:thumbup:

bonuts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think one of the biggest reasons that the govt is so tight-lipped about the whole issue is that they are embarassed to admit to the fact that there would be no way to acurately tax it. It's a freaking plant. Who's gonna buy what they can grow themselves.

Of course they'll outlow anything they can't make a dime on. There's just no way they can make it taxable.

Other than that, I don't give a smack about this particular law.

MoocH

·
Registered
243 Posts
My arguement has always been that if you legalize and regulate it, you will remove a reason for many to start using it in the first place: illegality. You smoke it, you're doing something wrong, something to rebel against society's rules, just to do it. Plus, you would create a regulated and taxed industry, another source of money for the government. You would have a better quality, more consistent product, which would eliminate many of your low to mid level drug dealers, cause they can't sell a comparable quality product at competitive prices and still turn a profit, especially the seed n stem wannabes. Fewer dealers means fewer jail cells wasted on mandatory sentences. And on top of all that, you'd still have the number one biggest drug use prevention system in place: the parents, who would still be plugging away at their kids. All in all, I think the pros far outweigh the cons. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
I worked in a community where over 50% of the people living there imbibed from time to time, great people and extremely friendly...a little paranoid however.

HEY MAN! Close the blinds will ya!:drool:

Still the only remote community I have ever seen that didn't have violence/suicide/spousal abuse issues, as with all things I think moderation is the key.

·
Tired old shiftworker
82 Posts
I really don't see a difference between being a pot smoker or a drinker...Why is it legal to fire someone for having drugs in their system but another person can be the worlds biggest drunk and that is ok.?

Why should any business care what you do outside of work?

Does anyone know if police get random drug testing? If not, then why don't they?

I would rather ride with a person that is high over riding with a person who is wasted on alcohol.

The whole medical mj is a big joke too.

My .02$ .

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Nightfire said:
drugs+smoking+alocohol=rotten society/ destroyed families

:nono: say no to drugs (there's not enough for all of us....j/k)

I think legalizing Drugs would be something total irrational to do.

Mike
lol, I know they teach you that in high school man. Its really just true for losers and idiots.

There is nothing wrong with pot. ANybody who says there is hasn't smoked enough of it.

K

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I don't have a problem with people who smoke pot, and it should be legal for medicinal purposes but not for recreation. There's enough high jerk offs on the road at any given time the last thing we need is more of them.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I am not a smoker, but I have to agree that it is kindof sensless to make it illegal and alcohol not. If pot was legal, I would smoke it for sure. The fact that it is illegal makes people like me not smoke it and people that are rebellious smoke it. I think that legalizing it would actually help since it would somewhat flip the demographic of users.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let's vote!!!

It sounds to me like a large majority of people feel the same way about this. I will tell you that re-electing bush is a step in the wrong direction:nono: ! Don't let this Feddy Government tell you what is right!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.