Hot Rod Forum banner

Mooch has been hibernating

683 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  trees 
#1 ·
Hey gang. Ok ok, so I haven't posted in a while, so I'll bring you up to speed as quick as mechanically possible. Jen (Smooch) and I got married two August's ago, I got the Mustang on the road, then the track, now the back porch with an empty mouth where a 351 once growled. As for Jennifer, well . . . it's married life, and it's great. :welcome:

My first race, I was too erratic off the line that I couldn't stay consistant enough, and had to depend on the car too much. By the second race, it was different story.

I had a consistant reaction time of -.020 during two practice passes, one round of barely qualifying, and finally slowing down to breathe it's last few breaths (of which were being choked by the fuel that was rushing down its throat because my foot was pressed to the floor in anticipation that I could at least make it to the line since I'm ahead).

Before the thought of 'THE LOUDEST bang you could ever imagine by ~The Manhattan Projects' came to my head, I already crapped my pants. (cracked #4 ring, didn't grenade though) :mad:

So that leaves me about 5 months later until now. Tax season will bestow upon me at least $475 to buy a 429 with C6 (ran to 40kmi, then sat for 8 months :thumbup: ) to drop back in. I already have a 9" housing from another '69:thumbup: , 3.50 Trac-Loc:thumbup: , and if I have enough left over, well I might just be going back for round 2 in the spring. :D

"PS I can't access WAN web sites from work, don't have the net at home, and right now I'm 'THE WIERD GUY' who comes over to check his email for 45 minutes"

Just wanted to say hi to my old friends Chuck, Chick, BBB, HemmiGremmie, Poncho, Willys, MADSEYENTIST <--<I tried> . . . and anyone else I forgot to mention . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I didn't forget :pimp: .

As soon as I get a connection at the house, I'll be live in the garage almost every weekend. See ya soon.

MoocH

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome back mooch. :welcome: Kinda funny, I haven't seen much of Chuck, Chick, or MadSyentyst(??) either now that you mentioned it. BBB stops in once in a while, just to crack that whip of hers and keep us all in line. Poncho must live here. He's just an editing fool LOL!! :D (At this point I better watch what I type....) Anyways, welcome back, man.

In a while, Chet.

#7 ·
Chuck and Chick havent posted for a long time, probably a year now. I tried looking for them at the summer cruise-ins this summer but couldnt find 'em (only had 2 pictures to go by hahaha).
Sweet deals Mooch, I remember the good old days...lots of things have changed since.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.