Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had more but the first card full of pics didn't survive the trip home. Here are the ones that I did get.

Late '80,s Ford 4X4 370" Windsor and a centrifugal supercharger. It ran low 9's.

Hudson

Hudsons engine

Mopar, I have no idea which it is but it's cool.

Quad turbo V12 powered carbon-fiber concept car.

Shot of the windmills and plumbing on the concept car.

I met BBB and we walked around gawkin' at cars and t-shirts. Watched the jet car run and some old Super Stock cars scratched off on the track.
The burnout contest had a deisel truck and a van. The van won even though the truck made more tire smoke than a three alarm fire.

It was cool. I had fun.

Larry

·
Missing You
300 Posts
coldknock said:
Late '80,s Ford 4X4 370" Windsor and a centrifugal supercharger. It ran low 9's.
That truck is bad ***, it makes me drool every time. He's run out at Dallas before, and I've got pics of him from Commerce last year. Very cool. :thumbup

Every time we see Jody come in, we always remember him as "here comes that guy that pulled his transmission in the pits at Reynolds that year." lol, He tore up the tranny, bought a new one from a Vendor, they pushed the car up on the trailer ramps and they swapped the tranny right there, lol.

I met BBB and we walked around gawkin' at cars and t-shirts.
Yup, it was great to meet you. :thumbup: I'll get the pics of the race car off my camera here in a minute. With our first round eliminations run, if they had gotten buddy's dial in right, we would have won. We learned a valuable lesson today, you always need to make sure the dial in posted on the board for BOTH cars is right, because after the race, they ain't changing it, lol. The other team are good people, since it was their goof up on not making sure their dial in was right, they offered to buy us back in, but we were soooo ready to come home.

Good times. :thumbup:

·
Missing You
300 Posts
Oh yeah, thanks again for the shirt, that was awesome and totally unexpected.

I had a great time walking around and chatting with you, it was nice having someone new to talk to, lol, instead of listening to dad and JT talk race car for 2 days, lol.

·
Missing You
300 Posts
Oh I'm all about talking some race car and racing, but I've been listening to the same thing for the last 3-4 weeks. New carb, not running where they want it, "melissa lynn whats the tire pressure?!" "where's the log book?!" lol

Here's some pics...

The Duster... aka "The Smurf."

The 408

The V12 in the four-twelve. They've got those turbos tucked in their low and its hard to get a pic of them in all their glory.

Airflite in foreground, Jeep Willys2 in background.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we're the only Mopar fans here Babe. Funny too since I drive a Chevy and You drive a Phord. :D

Larry

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hoggin' up all the fun for yourselves huh?

i just bought a dodge. a 79 power wagon 4wd with a 318.
for the boys. of course. you think i'd let them ruin a good ford?
:p

where is that logbook?

·
Missing You
300 Posts
coldknock said:
Looks like we're the only Mopar fans here Babe. Funny too since I drive a Chevy and You drive a Phord.
I know, I was beginning to think the same thing, felt like we were having our own private conversation.

crazy larry said:
where is that logbook?
The Smurfs stole it, they said we can't have it back unless they get to drive the car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts