Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have an 81 Camaro with a stock 305 V8 with a 4 spd how much hp do u think i could get out of it? And how would i go about doing it? keep in mind i am young and my funds are limited

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Do a good tune up, that will help. Drive it that way, until you can afford to buy a 350, that has much more potential for power. .....just my opinion.

·
Registered
290 Posts
More HP !

I'd do just like Poncho said. If money is tight just buy yourself a good 350 block to start with and build it a little at a time to get what you really want. I used to set back so much money each month for my engine project and buy what I needed but I built it the way I wanted it.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Probably less expensive even given the fact you dont already own a 350.

Its very doable but will cost a few bucks. And trust me after you've driven around a 300hp car for awhile the bug will bite you again and next time you'll want 400 and then 500 and so on and so on. Do your future self a favor and get something a little bigger to start with.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Re: more hp

81Blue said:
So theres nothin i could do with the 305 i just want like 300-350 horse out of it
If you find a running 350 you can get it for anywhere between 1-500 bucks. Most desireable engines are the late 80's, because they come standard with the roller cam and the one piece rear main (nice!)

I'll bet I could build a 300-350 horse 350 for about 1000 bucks, considering minimal machine work (i.e. running motor requires no rebuild).

K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.