Hot Rod Forum banner

How often would you like this thread to be updated?

• Daily

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

• No change needed

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2961 - 2969 of 2969 Posts

·
Grand Prix user
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,962
Dude, you're an artist with a welder and grinder.

Sounds somewhat corny coming from a 50 something, but you're inspiration to my body work skills and motivation.

View attachment 523575

Don't give up yet. I still need more insight
I'm 54 myself, been on the job ten years next March. Fixed wrecks that long before it. Posted cool / old car / truck bodywork in detail since 2009, mostly on more than one forum but almost never cut n paste words. A friend's 70 GMC was the first. I am burnt out to the max on posting. Go figure. I am pleased that you like what you see, and thank you for noticing the work but don't fret. You are standing armpit deep in past tasks I can still remember. Have at it, three thousand posts worth but I warn you theres been troubled times.

My "constant" in life is my work and you know after you do a thing long enough you develop an individual style. I don't percieve much if any growth in ability but perceptions certainly change over time as requests get more complex. I want the boss to sell my labor with confidence but wouldn't rate myself much above mediocre, particularly the welding. Fortunately, I am not a welder I just fix junk. The pretty finishing style you see carries over from last century, when I was a painter.

I feel like if nothing else, I can stick the image in your mind of what steel ready for epoxy is supposed to look like... I have done what I set out to do. This day to day post style was a flop and I realize this type info is much more valuable if indexed by vehicle or operation but that was my best way to put out the most. As you see, it was just too much. Been as therapy to me at times but I need to kick the habit. Theres your condensed yet wordy and heartfelt epitaph.:)

Reactions: Gearhead Poppa

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,703 Posts
I lost all my email notifications on this thread. I don't recall the title of this thread being what it is now. Oh, I see, hiding from me, eh?
Sorry you're frustrated Matt.

Reactions: idrivejunk

·
Grand Prix user
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,964
I lost all my email notifications on this thread. I don't recall the title of this thread being what it is now. Oh, I see, hiding from me, eh?
Sorry you're frustrated Matt.
Far from it, this is nice. If you saw any updates from me this week, you were in my stall.;)

Since I'm done, I exercised a right and edited the title of the original post. We can do that now and I have seen it used to keep a current blurb in the title. Don't know if it messes up anything doing that. But the original name of this thread was:

The Day's Work ( pic dump )

Grandpa chawed Day's Work plug, in the oilfields. There's that reference. Current title is in keeping with the original thread which kicked the photo bucket. That one was:

Junk I fixed

"I ain't hiding from nobody, nobody hiding from me. Aw, ain't that the way it's supposed to be?" - Skynyrd

If you came to see a day's work with an important message about shiny things, I offer this-

The 51 cab looks more same both sides now and I've invested some of the repurposed time to explore different ways of getting on the same page with F1 man about the hood treatment we are imagining. I have even tried clay so it has been fun doing the art but I have yet to express the vision with any accuracy. Its complex and I'm working on it. And mostly just worrying about getting shop cam pix. Only took a handful all week for myself, out of force of habit. Turns out all you have to do is put the phone down!

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,703 Posts
That's why I lost my email notifications I guess. I was subscribed to the day's work.

Here's a good work song:

·
Grand Prix user
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,966
Yep I can sing along on that one. First, back at about the nut plate hook you commented on, I began to notice your presence less. Next, the forum software change came and this thread never missed a beat over that. After about a week of the new way, I halted and said we're done here. Should I wish to share more in the future, a new thread would be in order.

A couple days after that, I edited the title. I can edit it back if someone thinks I am hiding from them or if it would be more convenient for you. It don't make a hill of beans wortha difference to me. But why would you go weeks not seeing update notifications as usual and not just go look? You know if theres one thing the thread has been, that is it was as consistent as me.

Being subscribed to any thread I created is now pointless, I no longer provide content and have explained that to my satisfaction here previously. But with words, so that could have gone unnoticed.

·
Grand Prix user
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,968
Do what you must.
Always looked forward to the updates and they were always appreciated.
Thanks. I did. Stopped at the end of March on the only other forum. Now I have the option to start over, blending in better with a thread that conforms to a more expected format if desired in the future if a more exciting build happens.

Reactions: 123pugsy

·
Grand Prix user
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,969
By the way if hot F-series action is what you guys came here for, that vid I posted is for you. The relevant "message" and lessons along the way make it worth the watch time as well. Enjoy that with your rodder-type kids.

2961 - 2969 of 2969 Posts