Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90' chevy half ton 4x4 350 tbi:

i want to put a carbed 305/350 in it for a plow truck besides the obvious( fuel pump and and a bit of wiring) what else may i have to do to make this run enough to be driveable, to move snow....

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
The TBI will move snow as well , or better than a carbed motor......why would you want to do this, if it's just a plow truck?

What's wrong with the TBI engine?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I again agree with poncho62. Why would you want to change? The TBI should be more reliable and with the O2 sensor it should be OK getting power and not running lean.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tbi is pooched

this truck cant een maintain 52 kph....never mind do grunt work...

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
Try a good tune up 1st............................

Maybe, check the timing chain...............a lot easier than an engine swap.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

well the thing is we have many times, it has been thru the rigs and farming and towing so really theres not much left to do....this this wheezes like crazy when you step into the pedal it actually bogs out and slows down.. it cant pull any trailers or bearly tow a sliptank in the back.. so i can buy a olds cutlass with a chevy 305 for 250$ or a 77 chevy pu for 450$ with a 350... i would prefer a huge 454 but i cant find one for cheap... and transplant the engine in a afternoon.. if the parts all come together right..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts