Hot Rod Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wilwood does make some beautiful stuff.
Pep

They look nice but I couldn't afford them so I engineered an adapter to mount stock 2018 Camaro Brembro brakes on stock 1st gen f body spindles. I got all four 14" drilled slotted rotors and aluminum 4 piston calipers for $500. That would have been $3-4 grand from Wilwood. And the pads/parts are OEM or GM aftermarket. I like how these look anyway, not so flashy, just big and light weight.

·
Magazines have “ISSUES”
995 Posts
Somehow I had the idea you were sporting Wilwood hardware, never mind. I think flashy is not a proper term, for Wilwood they earn their place.

GM pads are 75 + a set. Well worth the $$, last a long time, bigger than after market crap.

Your car spends most of its life on the track or dual purpose?

I have a vacuum pump, removed for upgrade.

PM me if interested

Pep

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
They look nice but I couldn't afford them so I engineered an adapter to mount stock 2018 Camaro Brembro brakes on stock 1st gen f body spindles. I got all four 14" drilled slotted rotors and aluminum 4 piston calipers for $500. That would have been $3-4 grand from Wilwood. And the pads/parts are OEM or GM aftermarket. I like how these look anyway, not so flashy, just big and light weight.

I think it's great that you could fabricate an adapter. I think Wilwood is way over priced in most of what they sell. People buy their master cylinders when something just as good can be sourced at your local parts store for $50. Leaving them/making them black makes me think there is still hope for the human race. :)

I also don't like their 10# residual valves. Had 2 out of 2 go bad in months.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts