Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, to make a long story short, i found all three bolts that connect the motor mount to the block to be missing yesterday. When you rev it, the engine actually slides up and down on the mount. Its a small block chevy, do i have to lift the motor all the way out to replace them, or can i just get away with lifting it a little bit.

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Personally, I would take out the big bolt that holds the two halves together, bolt the upper back on the block, then set it in place and put the big bolt back through.

A little jacking should be sufficient.

Why did the bolts come out in the first place?

·
Old Guys Rule!...EVERYTHING!
469 Posts
You sure it's just loose or missing motor mount bolts? This is a "classic" symptom of a FAILED Chevy motor mount! Good Luck ...either way. ...Mark

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Use some medium thread locker to help prevent them from coming out under vibrations. If at all possible to a check after a couple days and then again after a few weeks to make sure they are snug. I also used lock washers on mine and (knock on wood) they are all still there lol.

Also . . . as long as they are out . . . get new ones. They aren't that expensive and its good to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts