Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am installing a sbc 350 in to a mazda b2200 pickup
what im looking for is some tips on making some motor mounts since the mazda motor mounts are small and wimpy and in the wrong place
what i was thinking was to bolt my th-350 to my motor and slide them down in the chassis and bolt my trans to the cross member and this should give me a good ideal on where my motor mounts need to be
does this sound like it would work?
what angle should my motor sit at if any angle at all

what should i use for motor mounts?
also if you have any info that will make this easer please let me know

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
That's exactly how I would do it. Set your chassis @ ride height and set the engine with the carb mounting pad on the intake manifold level. Make the mounts of 1/4" steel; could be rectangular tubing, angle iron, steel plate, etc.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
ditto. i used channel iron and early style mounts. lots of people have the front higher than the back so it's okay. i guess it helps oil drain. i like mine to be fairly level. bolted the mounts on, bolted the channel onto the mounts after i drilled the holes and got bolts long enough, dropped the engine down where the channel was on the frame and welded them in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking of using 2x4 1/4 inch thick tubing for my mounts not really sure if i can weld 1/4inch with my welder.
Do you think 3/16 would hold up a 350?

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Aftermarket kits??

They arn't to expensive and are easy to install...I used one on my 37 Dodge and it is great!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts