Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using some 3/16 in. homemade motor plates ( 2 pc ) to mount a SBC in a chevette for drag racing only . Like the store bought ones, they use the water pump mtg holes. Is there a spacer available for the crankshaft pulley to align with the additional 3/16 in. offset caused by the motor plate thickness? Another question is about the lower water passage on the water pump. Can I block this off safely with my motor plate or will I have circulation / over heating problems? I have noticed some electric water pumps don't use this lower passage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can always stick 3 washers of equal size in between the balancer and the pully to line things up a bit... or even better... make a spacer out of the same material you made the plate out of. You can also shave off 3/16" off the water pump too... If you get an electric water pump then you wouldn't have to worry about it and you would gain some top end HP too... JMHO.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,813 Posts
Why didn't you use the four lower holes instead? The ones on either side of the crank.

Like these They will eliminate any associated problems with pulley alignment and belt throwing and relocation of brackets and all the headaches that go with front plates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.