Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been working on a car building it up. I currently have a 383 sbc that I built up for my 1975 Malibu. I recently came across a 1974 Camaro that has had considerable work done to it and just needs a motor.

My question is, would it be terrible of me to drop my motor in this car and send the Malibu on its way?

Just curious on what some other peoples opinions are on this. It would be cool to have the Malibu be numbers matching and restored, but needs some serious work. The Camaro has all new metal, cage, and other super cool stuff. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
motor swap

if your looking for a numbers matching camero forget it.. finding that orig motor will be a nighmare... so pull the motor from malbiu and put in camero

·
More for Less Racer
19,344 Posts
Unless you have a Malibu SS(which I don't believe was offered in '75) matching numbers on just a garden variety Malibu means almost nothing as it has no Hi-Performance "cache" attached to it.

The Camaro will likely always end up worth more money just for being a Camaro, more desirable platform than the mid 70's Malibu is.

The real deciding factor is which body style you really like better, what does your heart desire, and is it going to be worth the effort in time and materials to get the Malibu back into shape to match your vision of the finished car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts