Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your opinion on the old Ford Motorcraft 4300 4 barrel carbs, are they junk or are they ok. I recently bought one for $10 , it looked ok and I rebuilt it. I have been trying to find information about it but I haven't been successful. I plan on using it on my 73 Mustang, currently it has a Autolite 2100 2 barrel carb. I will be using a cast iron 289 4 barrel intake manifold with this carb, I am not going to race it, I just want a little more power for my cruiser. Will this carb be ok for my mild stock 302 engine, or are they junk.

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
Only problem I had with them was top cover warping between the 2 screws at the front of the carb which causes fuel seep near the accelerator pump well. We would use the old gasket and cut the section between the 2 screws and double gasket that section. 4300 and 4350 were good carbs and virtually trouble free. Done a lot of tire smokin in those 460 Lincolns back in the early 70s. There is a plug in the front of the carb near where the fuel filter screws in. Be sure to use epoxy on that plug. Those were notorious for falling out and spraying the distributor with gas causing major fires. Depending on what it came off of you may need to rejet it. I'll have to look and see if I have any info in my old books.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.