Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been trying to spray a single stage orange metallic and avoid stripes and mottling however after spraying clear over the panel I noticed some mottling and stripes. I know I should of more carefully drop coated on the final coat while it was still wet but I didn't and now it is fully cured with a few coats of clear on top. Is there anything I can do to reduce the effects without reshooting the entire panel. It is a 50 chevy truck cab so reshooting an area pretty much mean reshooting the entire thing but the worst area is the lower back of the cab and I think I could mask it off at the beltline. Is it possible to scuff the surface and put a drop coat on and reclear or would that just make thing worse? anyone fix this problem on cured paint before?

·
point on positive
1,680 Posts
I'd say tape it off like you said then a quick scuff with 400 just to level nibs without cutting through the clear that is there ...then fog the color on with higher air and from about 3 feet from the panel to cover the stripes knowing your going to clear coat again...

put the color on kinda dry and get the gloss with the clear...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts