Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys were into any of the old Hot Rod movies. I remember a few, alot were made before my time, maybe some of the old timers could help me out on a few titles and where I might could find some. Might could possibly fix us a thread on here where folks could put titles on here that they remember? Would like to watch some of the old ones like Thunder Road again. Was just wondering guys, Thanks.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Thunder Road was a good one....so was Thunder over Carolina. Do a Google search and you can find all of them probably. Oh yeh....The California Kid.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Two Lane Blacktop is a favorite of mine.

Check out Movies Unlimited. I truely believe they have every movie ever made. I got thier catalog and it's about as thick as a phonebook. EVERY movie. They have a website as well.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
The origional VANISHING POINT was B-I-T-C-H-E-N !

:thumbup:

Burt Reynolds did one years ago where they released him from prison to rat on some dope dealers. He had a 72 GALAXIE that flat got the job done.

Attachments

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
KULTULZ said:
The origional VANISHING POINT was B-I-T-C-H-E-N !

:thumbup:

Burt Reynolds did one years ago where they released him from prison to rat on some dope dealers. He had a 72 GALAXIE that flat got the job done.
Was that "Gator" ? His character was 'Gator' McCluskey. I think he played the same character in "White Lightning".

·
Registered
187 Posts
fisher57 said:
Hollywood Knights and American Graffiti two of my favs that make me want to cruise
Ahhh.... yes, American Grafitti. I didn't mention it because I truely believe it's a given. I have never met a gearhead who honestly didn't like that movie. I was about 15 when it came out and all I wanted to do after seeing it was find out all I could about "that old looking car with the new looking motor". Changed my thoughts on what kind of car I'd like to own one day.

Hollywood Knights was good as long as I don't follow the cheesy script and concentrate on the cool cars.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
tfeverfred said:
Hollywood Knights was good as long as I don't follow the cheesy script and concentrate on the cool cars.
:eek: Hollywood Knights had a script?! ;) I fell in love with the Gray '65 El Camino the first time I saw that movie. :drool:

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, Keep em comin. I am writiing them down, already had a list of several of those, but had forgotten about a few. I used to have a guy that sent me a few of the old movies here and there, he lost his house in a fire and I lost touch with him. I saw one of the movies in my desk drawer, thats what reminded me of the old movie. Thanks for all the movie titles. And the videos.
Glxy 500 :D

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had 60 sec, dont think I have seen King of the mountain though. Will hunt that one too

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hot Rod. Simple title, cheese factor off the charts but it featured an insanely cool 41 Willys gasser "primer gray no less", a vintage stude pickup and many others and is centered around a ficticious Lions Ca. dragstrip. Not the infamous Lyons dragstrip we all hold dear to our left foot :D :D

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Never watched Bullitt. I agree with smoke, the chase in the original Gone in 60 Seconds is pretty darn good... I like the scenes where you can briefly see the cameramen laying in the middle of the road. At one point it looks like the Mustang is headed straight for them then the car jerks to one direction to go around. Crazy. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts