Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all and thanks to a great community!

My question:
I have a 95 C1500 with bone stock 5.7L. I have been considering replacing the factory rockers with 1.6 ratio roller tiped steel rockers for a bit more lift without having to change the cam right now.

Does this sound practical?

Thanks again!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Sorry Dude, dosn't work like that. A roller tipped lifter goes with a roller cam. So if you want to run a roller engine it's a complete change over of cam and lifters. And the stock 1.5 rollers should be just fine and give you added performance too. Just how stock is this engine...duel exhaust or another intake?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
You can run the 1.6 roller tips. Just make sure that there is no bind on the push rods at the guide holes. Depending on your piston and valve combo, be sure and check clearances.

I am running a 355 with a mild crane cam,1.6 rollers, one thousandths longer push rods, decked, milled alum. raised runner heads, jans flat tops with deep eyebrows and teflon buttons Combo. works like a charm.

Troy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the input! It's a bone stock 350 w/ TBI that I just didn't want to have to make a decision on a 'computer compatable' cam and thought that the lift I'll get out if the ratio change would be something I'd notice...

I guess I should have asked if for the $100+ it'll cost, will I be able to tell the difference?

Thanks again to all!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You´ll have to swap the cam to notice a difference in power.
A plus is roller rockers run cooler.
I have a Crane Powermax 2020 in mine, computer compatible, good for low and mid range torque.
104º DLS, gross lift at valve, int. - .401 / ex. - .423
Duration @ .050, int. - 194º / ex. - 204º

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.