Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixing to install an MSD dist. in a 66 Mustang for a friend of mine. I've read the instructions and have a purty good handle on the basic set up, but am looking for some advice before I install it. Which advance springs has anyone else used with good results? The engine is slightly warmed over, runs very well, and has good throttle response.

Thanks,

Topher

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
xp29g said:
I'm fixing to install an MSD dist. in a 66 Mustang for a friend of mine. I've read the instructions and have a purty good handle on the basic set up, but am looking for some advice before I install it. Which advance springs has anyone else used with good results? The engine is slightly warmed over, runs very well, and has good throttle response.

Thanks,

Topher
I suggest you leave it as it comes out of the box first - it's like an Edelbrock carb, it runs pretty good as-is, but may need tweaks. If it is the small dia version billet dist and has vac advance, you also may be limited to how much you can move it around in a SBF - I had to remove mine, but will try to reinstall eventually once the bugs are worked out.

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I had the silver light springs in mine for a while. I ended up having better luck locking mine out and running total timing. Mine is 99% drag car though. I am sure the advance would be better for the street

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.