Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSD ignition control boxes? opened it up no fuse to be found and no damage of burnt items. Called 800 number and followed there instruction and it's the box per there T/Sing instruction. Just looking for some one else experiences verses paying there dollars to send in. First build Be easy on the harsh feed backs

·
Music and Hot Rods
1,725 Posts
Unless you have a complete schematic and the skills to diagnose and repair sophisticated electronics, you're pissing in the wind. Either send it in or replace it.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Did a lot of electronics repair in the past, but I wont dig into an MSD box without something to determine what the component values are. Plus many components need to be removed from the board to test, and the heat from soldering and de-soldering will usually kill them or the printed board.
I'd check around on your local Craigslist. I see MSD boxes cheap all the time here. Just got one for my gasser locally for $40, and works great.

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,641 Posts
Newer MSD stuff is potted in epoxy and cannot be repaired. They usually test to see if it's their fault or the users and replace depending on warranty and fault...

Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts