Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to start my BBC ...I have a mad distributor with magnetic pickup and blaster 2 coil... and a ignition box... not my question is can I take the ignition box away and run the motor ... until I can afford another box...if so how do I wire it

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
If you have an MSD billet distributor, the installation instructions will tell you that you will need one of their boxes to run. Now, can those be bypassed and used as a conventional dist. - probably, with some wire and common sense, but why? It sounds like you have some bucks in the engine, and BBC's are never cheap, so spend your $200+ and get a new MSD box or send them your failed unit for rebuild for a few bucks less.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
6,391 Posts
It depends on what model distributor you have. If it has a module and pickup then yes it will work stand alone. If it only has a pickup then no it wont work. If you can supply model numbers it would be easier to help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.