Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my new 383 on my test stand and an hearing some noise I'm not sure about and would like to go ahead and put an H pipe together with "the question", what mufflers? Mama don't wanna lot of noise and I don't either.
So I talked to my muffler shop today and told him I wanted 2 1/2 in and 2 or 2 1/4 out using stock mufflers so I can keep the noise down.
This is a 71 c10 pick up with duals on it now and I'm guessing burn't out glass packs. Very unpleasant to ride in noise wise. I love the motor I built but I don't want to have to re-tune it every other day because of restrictive exhaust and would like to have it tuned as close as possible before I do the swap. Someone here did a DD on it for me and guessed it at 430 hp at 5500 rpm and it does act like it on the stand if that makes any since. I have never used flowmasters or the like and just wanna keep the noise down to a new screamin Corvette sound.
Thanks , Richard

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Im currently running a set of chambered mufflers that I built if you want demensuons I can get them (thanks to Flowmaster for showing cutaway views of their mufflers online :mwink: ).i played around with the front and rear baffels for a deeper tone and decreased resonance(flow much better than the glasspacks that necked down to about 1 1/4 inch internaly).Not too loud even with full length headers but will still deliver a nice crackel when gunned :D

Shane

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Classix_Lover said:
Flowmasters are eh, imo. Dynomax are deep toned, quiet, flow much better, and are relatively inexpensive; it's a win-win situation if you ask me.

Dynomax Super Turbos. Pretty quiet and good power. :thumbup: My choice all the time.

·
Buick Hybrid Guy.
255 Posts
Rack up another vote for Dynomax super turbo's. I've used them for years on everything! Several small block nitrous cars/trucks.. My Turbo Nissan has one. They are very quiet and flow much better than Flowbasterds.

Had a local guy go from 2chamber flowbasterds to the Super Turbos. He picked up .1 on engine and .1 on the bottle. The car was MUCH quieter!!
His car was a 10.40 street car at the time. :mwink:

Classix_Lover
:thumbup:

:thumbup:

~Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.