Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an original muncie shifter on a '64 chevy Impala. I've just put the shifter on after a few years of being moved around. When going into 3rd gear the shifter just doesn't feel right. Like its not just right. I know on a Hurst there's a pin to set for neutral. Is there some way of aligning the muncie shifter? Thanks for any help.

Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
shifty

do you refer to the elongated holes on the bottoms of the shifter arms? you put it in 3rd gear and then adjust the rod by loosening the 1/2 bolt and nut and then move the arm forward a bit. also should be a hole in the middle of all the shifter arms so you can put a small bolt through to set them all back to standard position when in neutral
from memory- which ain't all that good!
also presume you have mounted it to the trans and not the floor like some people do and then wonder why it pops out of gear as the trans moves and the body doesn't. All the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muncie shifter adjustments

Thanks Mr. Ed.
I'll go under the car this weekend and check it out, and yes it's on the transmission mount. I just don't remember any alignment holes on the rods but will look and see,
Thanks,
Again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.