Hot Rod Forum banner

mustang 2 and power steering

394 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  1willys36
I have a problem. Just bought a 34 Ford 5 window coupe and will have a mustang 2 friont suspension installed. I want turn radius and ease of steering. I can't find a mustang 2 kit with a power steering rack mounted on the rear of the cross member. I 'm of the opinion that i can't get good turn radius with the rack mounted on the front of the cross member. If I'm wrong please tell me how to get good turn radius on a front mounted rack or which company has my problem solved. Thanks, Bill Blackwell
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Not sure when or where you heard of "short turning" radius for the MII suspensions in hot rods. I have a MII front rack in my car since 1985, no turn issues at all. Car moves in tight spots just as it should. It has the same turn radius as the MII it came out of.

Some folks have put the mid 80s mid size GM rack in and they do have a turn radius problem.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a problem. Just bought a 34 Ford 5 window coupe and will have a mustang 2 friont suspension installed. I want turn radius and ease of steering. I can't find a mustang 2 kit with a power steering rack mounted on the rear of the cross member. I 'm of the opinion that i can't get good turn radius with the rack mounted on the front of the cross member. If I'm wrong please tell me how to get good turn radius on a front mounted rack or which company has my problem solved. Thanks, Bill Blackwell
I install a front suspension taken off a MII so everything works as factory designed. Have put them in a '37 Willys and '36 Pontiac.

Photograph Motor vehicle Newspaper Font Publication

Newspaper Publication Motor vehicle Font News

Bicycle Wheel Crankset Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts